BCB 690, Student Seminar
--Agenda for January 27 - Presentation by Ashish Jain, BCB Graduate Student who is doing rotations. His rotations include Iddo Friedberg, VMPM, Geetu Tuteja, GDCB, and Taner Sen, GDCB.
Instructor: Dennis Lavrov
- 251 Bessey
- Presentations will be 15-20 minutes with ~5 minutes for questions.
- Roll will be taken each week.
- Ask questions!
For your presentation:
- Email instructor with presentation file by noon on the Monday preceding your presentation for any critical input
- Email instructor and the other presenter with a paragraph that will serve as your introduction to the class
- Prepare to introduce the other speaker on the day of your seminar
- Attend office hours the NEXT DAY after your seminar to go over your feedback from students.
Learning outcome expectations:
- improved skills in presenting and assessing scientific seminars.
Carrot: Travel awards for best presentations!!! $800 for a first place, $600 for a second place and $400 for a 3rd place.