Cyclone Career Strategy Workshop Series
What have others learned from this workshop?
- “It has helped me set goals and create a timeline for my career search, which has been very helpful.”
- “Helped me in networking & develop the right skills for advancing in career.”
- “These are things you won’t learn from a class.”
This series is a 4 week, 1-hour workshops that will allow students and postdocs to develop a career plan. We will be introducing the Cyclone Career Strategy. The goal is to provide a time-bound and organized opportunity to research, investigate, and develop a career search plan.
This Strategy gives you 4-steps that will help you develop an active career plan by building a network, participating in information interviews, taking the MyIDP self-assessment (STEM) or the ImaginePhD self-assessment (humanities), and developing SMART goals.
Attendance at all four sessions is HIGHLY recommended! Please register for each week separately.
- Tuesday, Oct. 24th @ 4:00 p.m. – Informational Interviews and Networking – Register Week 1
- Tuesday, Oct. 31st @ 4:00 p.m. – Mock Informational Interview with Professional – Register Week 2
- Tuesday, Nov. 7th @ 4:00 p.m. – Self-assessment of Skills, Interests, and Values – Register Week 3
- Tuesday, Nov. 14th @ 4:00 p.m. – Developing SMART Goals for Career Plan – Register Week 4
Location: 0031 Parks Library
A door prize will be drawn the final week from those individuals that pre-register and attend all four sessions.
Please contact Karin Lawton-Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information:
- Karin Lawton Dunn, MS
- Career Services Coordinator – Graduate College
- 1156 Pearson Hall, 505 Morrill Road
- Iowa State University
- Ames, IA 50011-2103
- Office: 515-294-6954: Email: email@example.com