Zika virus (ZIKV) has shown a global pandemic outbreak since the year 2007. ZIKV infection in a pregnant woman has been reported to cause defect in the neonatal development of forebrain in child (Microcephaly). In addition, several countries, including Brazil, reported a correlation between ZIKV infection and steep increase in Guillain-Barré syndrome — a neurological disorder that could lead to paralysis and death.
Recent WHO report has indicated 84 countries, territories or subnational areas with evidence of vector-borne ZIKV transmission. Moreover, 61 areas with ongoing ZIKV transmission following new introduction and reintroduction patterns were reported from 2015 onwards. My research focuses on understanding evolutionary and molecular mechanisms associated with pathological transformation of ZIKV and designing its potential cure.
We have estimated key evolutionary changes in ZIKV polyprotein coding region and RNA structural domains which are likely to induce its pathological transformation. We are analyzing the impact of these changes on ZIKV replication and survival rate in order to identify drug targetable site.
Feel free to contact me regarding my research projects at email@example.com. I believe that big discoveries are made when experts from different expertize communicate to put forward some novel ideas in science. Therefore, I am open to interdisciplinary collaborative research ideas that could assist in shaping the future of healthcare and medicine.
- Most frequently used languages – Python, R
- Web Design – Django, HTML, CGI
- Database – MySQL, MongoDB
- Machine Learning – Natural Language Processing, Support Vector
- Technologies – MPI Clusters, Ubuntu Cloud Platform
Other Academic Activities
Teaching Assistant, University of Florida: 2013-2016
- BMC Research Notes, Current Bioinformatics, Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences
- National Science Foundation Travel Grant 2014
- Grinter Fellow (Biology), University of Florida
- Teaching Assistantship, University of Florida
Painting, Sketching, Chess, Tennis. I have also been working on one of my Novel for last 2 years. It’s a science fiction novel and I may have managed to complete 9 chapters so far. I named it Conflation of Assailant’s. Grad life is tough and I may have to spend few more years to complete this project.