The 5th Graduate and Professional Student Research Conference will be held on April 11, 2018. The conference program includes impactful innovation, 3-minute thesis, poster or oral presentation. This year Dr. Joel Best and Dr. Patrick Schnable will be the addressing keynote talks!
Presentation Categories* include:
* Please click on the links above to know more about each presentation type.
Based on the abstract quality and the number of slots available for each category, the abstracts submitted for 3MT and/or oral session could be moved to the poster session. The decision of review committee will be final and binding in this regard.
Time Event Speaker(s)
8:00 AM - Registration Starts - Great Hall Lobby
8.30- 10.45 AM -- Case Competition (College of Business) -- Room 3512, Memorial Union
8.30- 9.30 AM -- Oral Presentation (Sessions 1, 2, 3, 4) -- 3219, 3505, 3538, 3558
9.45- 10:45 AM -- Oral Presentation (Sessions 5, 6, 7, 8) -- 3219, 3505, 3538, 3558
9.00- 10.00 AM -- Want a Faculty Job? Prepare at ISU -- Holly Bender (CELT) -- Cardinal Room
9.00- 10.00 AM -- Issues Pertaining to International Student Wellness -- Jason Huntley (Student Wellness) -- Gold Room
10:00- 11:00 AM -- Composing an Impressive Research Statement -- Mitchell Stephenson; Beatrice Berzina (CCE) -- Cardinal Room
11:00-11:50 PM -- Lunch Break -- Oak Room
10.30- 11.50AM -- Poster session/ Impactful innovations -- Great Hall
12:00- 1:00 PM -- Keynote Speaker Patrick Schnable -- Sun Room
1:15- 2.15 PM -- Oral Presentation (Sessions 9, 10, 11, 12) -- 3219, 3505, 3538, 3558
2.30- 3.30 PM -- Oral Presentation (Sessions 13, 14, 15, 16) -- 3219, 3505, 3538, 3558
1.30- 2.30 PM -- Startup Factory and the Ecosystem -- Bill Adamowski (Startup Factory) -- Campanile Room
2.30- 3.30 PM -- Entrepreneurial Opportunities for Post-Docs -- Judi Eyles (PapaJohn Center) -- Cardinal Room
3.00- 4.00 PM -- The Importance of Retirement Savings -- Ann Doty (Human Resources) -- Gold Room
- Oral and Poster Presentation: All graduate students at Iowa State University are welcome to submit abstracts.
- 3 Minute Thesis: All graduate students at Iowa State University who have passed their PhD Preliminary Examination and thus achieved PhD candidacy are welcome to submit abstracts for the 3MT.
- Impactful Innovation: All graduate students at Iowa State University are welcome to submit abstracts. Each impactful innovation can be presented by a maximum of three people.
- Case Competition: All graduate students from Ivy College of Business are welcome to submit their plans.
- The presenter of the abstract shall be a graduate or professional student.
- The abstract should be limited to maximum of 400 words. The abstract should not contain any tables, figures, or any other graphic files.
- All abstracts should have a clearly identifiable purpose, methods, results, and conclusion.
- All the abstracts will be submitted through online abstract submission process. Follow abstracts submission link on the website.
- The abstract should reflect the original work of the author(s). However the authors are welcome to submit previously published research.
- GPSRC will not publish the proceedings. The authors can still submit the abstract to GPSRC–2018, even if they plan to present or have presented it in any professional conference or journal.
Judging and Acceptance:
The abstracts submitted will undergo review process for acceptance. The abstracts will be reviewed based on their clarity and impact. Following parameters will primarily be considered by the review committee while reviewing the abstracts:
- Is the problem or hypothesis identified clearly?
- Are the methods clear and understandable to an educated lay person?
- Did the author(s) use proper grammar and sentence structure?
- Is a conclusion clearly summarized?
- Did the author(s) establish implication of their research?
Register to attend the conference by April 6: