HPC HELP Workshop. (Free pizza lunch.) September 26, 12:30-4:00, 206 Durham. Taught by Professor Glenn Luecke. Must register by Monday, September 25 at 5:00 pm to attend. For more information, see below. To register, go to https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_894cgjdDRX2OopT.
The HPC HELP Workshops provide training in how to use Condo and CyEnce and one-on-one help to those using these clusters. Condo and CyEnce clusters have been upgraded and are now using a new job scheduler called Slurm. In addition to help with running applications using the new Slurm job scheduler, the following are some examples of the help provided:
1. Logging onto a machine and setting up work and temporary directories.
2. Using xterm to allow the use of performance and debugging tools.
3. Copying files from external machines to ITS machines using the data transfer node.
4. How to run parallel jobs using MPI and OpenMP.
5. Porting applications to one of the clusters.
6. Installation of software.
7. Debugging programs using Allinea’s DDT debugger.
8. Optimizing programs using Allinea’s Performance Reports and MAP.
1. Must have an account on CyEnce, Condo or the Student Cluster.
2. Bring your laptop.
3. Attendance is limited to 45 due to the size of 206 Durham.
4. Registration is required.