Research Experience :
1. Project Intern, Aditya Biotech Lab Research Pvt. Ltd, Raipur, India (March 2015-May 2015).
Computational analysis on phenotypic characterization of genomic variants observed in FRO1 gene in Oryza sativa crop. In addition, we performed structure prediction via Modeller software and molecular docking studies on coat protein of Okra enation Leaf Curl virus.
2. Virtual Classroom Trainer, FCITR, King Abdulaziz University, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia (March 2014-May 2015).
Taught fundamental concepts and application of bioinformatics tools, softwares for computational biology research.
3. External Student Researcher, FCITR, King Abdulaziz University, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia (September 2013-May 2015).
Worked on ongoing projects related to genomics, high throughput data analysis and drug design under the guidance of Dr.Iftikhar Aslam Tayubi.
4. Project Trainee, Bioinformatics Centre SUB-DIC, NIT Raipur, India (August 2014-November 2014).
Worked on Next Generation Sequencing data analysis of human genomic data from different populations originating from Indian subcontinent.
5. Project Intern, Institute of Statistical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (July 2013-August 2013).
Worked on predicting transcriptional interactions between gene pairs using time-regulated microarray gene expression data from medullablastoma patients.
6. Research Intern, XCode life sciences, VIT-Technology Business Incubator, Vellore, India (October 2011).
Worked on collection of SNPS related to hereditary traits and disease risks like diabetes, cardiac arrest etc from various databases including GWAS, dbSNP, SNPedia and calculated the risk probability for the genotype and phenotypic composition. Further, I worked on developing Perl programs for genotyping and filtering markers linked with particular SNP.
Virtual Product Experience:
1. Open source virtual project on web application development 'Synbio app Selector' with Leukkipos-Synthetic. Biology Dry Lab. Guide: Dr.Gerd Moe Behrens,Leukippos Institute,Germany.
2. Datamining for protein super families for Ligfam Database. Guide: Dr.Sona Vasudevan, Georgetown University, Washington.
1. Fatumo S, Shome S, Macintyre G (2014) Workshops: A Great Way to Enhance and Supplement a Degree. PLoS Comput Biol 10(2): e1003497. doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003497.(Under messages from ISCB series).
2. Iftikhar A Tayubi, Sayane Shome and Omar M Barukab (2014) In silico analysis of detrimental mutation in EPHB2 gene causing Alzheimer’s disease. BMC Genomics, 15 (Suppl 2):P46 doi:10.1186/1471-2164-15-S2-P46.
3. Iftikhar A Tayubi, Sayane Shome and Sarosh Hashmi (2014) Drug formulation studies on regulation of BCL-2 family for treatment of Autism. BMC Genomics, 15 (Suppl 2):P38 doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-15-S2-P38.
4. Pablo Cárdenas, Maaruthy Yelleswarapu, Sayane Shome, Jitendra Kumar Gupta, Eugenio Maria Battaglia, Pedro Fernandes, Alioune Ngom, and Gerd Moe-Behrens (2014) Leukippos: A Synthetic Biology Lab in the Cloud. BioCoder (Summer 2014 issue), O’Reilly Publications.
5. Edgar Andrés Ochoa Cruz, Sayane Shome, Eugenio Maria Battaglia, Maaruthy Yelleswarapu, Jitendra Kumar Gupta, Pablo Cárdenas, Alioune Ngom, Pedro L. Fernandes, and Gerd Moe-Behrens(2015) Bioinformatics for Aspiring Synthetic Biologists. BioCoder (Spring 2015 issue),O’Reilly Publications.
6. Rakesh Kumar Meena, Sayane Shome, Sanket Thakur (2016) PREDICTION OF PHENOTYPIC EFFECTS OF VARIANTS OBSERVED IN LOC_OS04G36720 OF FRO1 GENE IN RICE (ORYZA SATIVA L.)Interdiscip Sci 2016 Feb 17. Epub 2016 Feb 17.
7.Iftikhar Aslam Tayubi,Sayane Shome,Hamza A.S. Abujabal(2016)Computationally designed novel drug for the regulation of protein expression levels of BCL-2 family. http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJCBDD.2016.078285
1. SynBio App Selector: An Application Selection Engine for Synthetic Biology. Sayane Shome , Pablo Cardenas, Pedro Fernandes, Gerd Moe-Behrens and Alioune Ngom. IWBDA 2013, Imperial College, London, July 12-13, 2013.
2. SynBrick: A Crowdsourcing Game for Synthetic Biology. Pablo Cardenas, Sayane Shome , Pedro Fernandes, Gerd MoeBehrens and Alioune Ngom. IWBDA 2013, Imperial College, London, July 12-13, 2013.
3.Structure prediction and modeling studies of brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1.Sayane Shome, Tripti Sharma,Nikhil Arora. ISMB 2012, 15- 17 Jul 2012, W12.
4. Comparative interaction analysis of cholinesterase inhibitors with Ethephon. Sayane Shome. National Conference on Computational Biology and Chemistry, VIT University, Vellore (November 2011).
Extra-curricular activities :
1. Chair, RSG Committee and Executive team member, ISCB-Student Council (http://www.iscbsc.org/)(December 2015-present).
2.President of Regional Student Group-India(affiliated to ISCB-Student Council) for the term 2012-14.